Two new playlists added to the Playlists Tab ↑*:
1.) The C-Word: You Say You Don’t Like Country (You’re Wrong) (filed under “Record Listening Party Playlists”)
A simple premise for this evening of records… Most people eschew the notion of “Country Music” because they associate it with a certain Pop Country sound replete with twang. (Personally there is some good stuff there but I digress…) However, there is a whole lot of great records that owe their musical etymology to the American Country music tradition. Here are five records that, I hope, will change your thoughts.
- Johnny Cash – At Folsom Prison
- Gram Parson – Grievous Angel
- Neko Case – Blacklisted
- Uncle Tupelo – Anodyne
- Calexico – Feast of Wire
2.) 2012 Albums Vol. 4 (filed under “New Music”)
A collection of recordings released in 2012 that were previously referenced or discussed in the past month in one short playlist.
- Alabama Shakes – Boys and Girls
- Of Monsters and Men – My Head Is An Animal
- Willis Earl Beal –Acousmatic Sorcery
- La Sera – Sees the Light
- Caitlin Glennon – Hard Learned Truths
- Colleen Green – Milo Goes to Compton
- Kishi Bashi – 151a
- We are Serenades – Criminal Heaven
- Anais Mitchell – Young Man In America
* Links provided on this post (as well).