…there are some great shows coming up for which you should keep an eye (and ear) out. I’ve added embedded links to purchase tickets for shows if not otherwise sold out. (Note: I’m planning on attending the shows in Bold.)
2/17 – Sharon Van Etten & Shearwater @ Lincoln Hall (Sold Out)
2/17 – Twin Sister @ Empty Bottle
- best dance party in the City
- scottish rockers… if you like the sound sulking and drudgery and the smell of peat and bogs, then you already love this band
3/8 – the Head and the Heart @ the Vic (Sold Out)
- …and you thought Seattle only produced rock bands? gorgeous folks harmonies and sylvan melodies to take you back to a far rustic frame of mind.
3/10 – EMA @ Lincoln Hall
- …has the aura of a young patti smith about her. captivating and haunting voice.
3/26 – Magnetic Fields @ Vic
- stephen merritt and co. create some of the wryest, catchiest, and clever brill building-esque pop songs.
3/28 – Of Montreal @ Metro
- somewhere between psych and glam opera; definitely a dress up and bizarre dancing affair.
3/30 – Chairlift @ Empty Bottle
- 80s evocative indie-dance group from BKLYN
3/31 – Hood Internet @ Empty Bottle
- nobody is as clever with mixing and mashing tempos from indie rock standards and hip hop bangers
4/3 – Gotye @ Park West
- this aussie is about to blow up bigger than Olivia Newton John. If you haven’t heard of him, go here. Now.
4/4 – Youth Lagoon @ Metro
4/5 – Wild Flag @ Metro (Sold Out)
4/5 – Neon Indian @ Metro
4/7 – Lucero @ Metro
4/16 – Death Cab for Cutie w/ Low @ The Chicago Theater (Sold Out)
4/20 – Cults @ Metro
4/20 – the Jezabels @ Lincoln Hall
4/24 – Lambchop @ Lincoln Hall
4/28 – Tortoise @ Empty Bottle
5/4 – M83 @ the Riviera – (Sold Out)
5/10 – Justin Townes Earle @ Park West
5/12 – Andrew Bird @ Auditorium Theater